First of all, welcome, Naughty New Years bloghoppers! Hopefully that New Years hangover is gone and you’re ready to kick off another year of reading. To advance that cause: if you leave a comment here you’ll be entered in the overall drawing to win a $100 gift card to EdenFantasys or a digital gift basket of 10 erotic books. I’ll also be giving away an e-book to ten randomly chosen commenters here on this page. Check out all the participating authors and blogs! (click)
What to comment about, you ask? How about something that’s inspired you in the past year? Those of you who know me know that I thrive on inspiration. I love to look at interesting and beautiful things and file ideas away to use in stories. I thought I’d use this post to share ten random things that inspired me last year (besides YOU, my readers!) And I’d love it if you commented about things that inspired you.
1. Raden Soemawinata strips to save drowning dog. (click for story)
There’s something about a hero, huh? This story inspired me so much that I’ve committed to act next time I see someone in distress, rather than just watch. If it’s possible to help, I will. But…I don’t know if I could jump in a river. This guy rocks.
2. My friend “W” in this photo. There’s really nothing to say except that I wish he’d send me more photos.
3. This video of Janie Taylor and Justin Peck. (YES, I’m posting it AGAIN!) I love the quality of movement, the collaboration. There is so much romance in working together to create art.
4. The song Mirrorball, by Elbow. I think it contains the most romantic and beautiful lyrics of all time.
5. The “Lovebird” trapeze act from Cirque du Soleil’s TOTEM. When I saw TOTEM in ATL, Guilhem Cauchois and Sarah Tessier were performing this act. I wish I could explain how this guy’s arms and back muscles looked when he was hanging upside down from that trapeze and catching his partner. Let’s just say I bought a second very-expensive ticket to go back and see it again. (If you’d like to see a video of Guilhem and Sarah perform, click the photo and fast forward to the 1:45 mark)
6. Michael Fassbender in Shame. The movie’s not sexy, it’s sad. What’s sexy is the courage of Fassbender’s performance. Good lawdy. Let’s leave it at that.
7. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I loved the Matthew in this book almost as much as I love my own Matthew from Mercy. Although Deborah’s Matthew is a lot nicer. 🙂
8. This video: Dog Giddy for Bubble Bath When he starts pawing at the water I die.
9. Jason Momoa. In this picture.
Oh, and here. Enough said.
10. And you didn’t think I’d have an inspiration post without this guy, did you?? My eternal heartthrob, Daniel Craig, looking very much like Jeremy Gray. Imagine his tie there as a belt. Now you’re thinking like Annabel!
I hope you’ve enjoyed learning about some of my inspirations. Don’t forget to leave a comment and you could win some great blog hop prizes like those below OR one of ten ebooks I’m giving away to celebrate the new year. Be sure to visit all the stops on the hop for more giveaways. You can find a complete list of participating blogs here. (click!)